While Perfect Shutters’ product comes closer to being totally maintenance free than other shutters on the market today, they will become dirty as does a freshly painted house, a new car or any other product which is exposed to atmospheric conditions.
Generally, your Perfect Shutters Products can be cleaned satisfactorily with the use of an ordinary garden hose.
*If this does not do the job, we suggest the following*
- With a garden hose and a soft bristle brush, wash your shutters gently.
- Where soil is of a stubborn nature, the following cleaning solutions work well:
- 1/3 cup detergent (Tide for example)
- 2/3 cup Tri-Sodium (Soilax for example)
- 4 quarts of water
- Where your Perfect Shutters are extremely dirty, it is recommended that you start washing from the top and work down to the bottom. Apply cleaning solution and let stand for several minutes in order for the dirt to loosen. The shutters and siding must be rinsed thoroughly to avoid staining and/or streaking.